- Sackboy: A Big Adventure arrives on PC next monthby Tom Warren on September 29, 2022 at 7:19 am
Sony is bringing another PlayStation exclusive to PC. Sackboy: A Big Adventure is set to release on PC on October 27th, according to a trailer that was posted early to Sony’s PlayStation Latin America YouTube account. Spotted by Nibel on Twitter, the trailer confirms the PC port of Sackboy: A Big Adventure will be full of improvements. 4K and 120fps support is listed, alongside support for ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio monitors, Nvidia’s DLSS, and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR). These are the best improvements to Sackboy: A Big Adventure yet, following a resolution and visuals boost on the PS5 version. Sackboy is the latest in a line of PlayStation games on PC Sackboy: A Big Adventure is the latest in a growing line of PlayStation exclusive... Continue reading…
- Climate Justice Is Possible—Just Look Beyond Technologyby Gregory Barber on September 29, 2022 at 4:06 am
At RE:WIRED Green, technologists, hackers, and activists explained how green tech must be combined with bold policy and bring people together.
- Automatic emergency braking is not great at preventing crashes at normal speedsby Andrew J. Hawkins on September 29, 2022 at 4:01 am
Automatic emergency braking (AEB) is pretty good at preventing low-speed rear-end crashes but kind of sucks when vehicles are traveling at more average speeds, according to new research from the American Automobile Association (AAA). Starting September 2022, all new cars sold in the US are required to come standard with AEB, which uses forward-facing cameras and other sensors to automatically apply the brakes when a crash is imminent. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety estimates that AEB may help prevent 28,000 crashes and 12,000 injuries by 2025. Using four common vehicles, AAA wanted to put AEB to the test to see how it’s progressed since first rolling out to production vehicles nearly 20 years ago. What they found was not that... Continue reading…
- The Sustainable Future of Food Must Bring Everyone to the Tableby Max G. Levy on September 29, 2022 at 3:08 am
At this year’s RE:WIRED Green event, food scientists and environmental justice activists mapped out how we can end world hunger and preserve our planet.
- ‘We Are the Asteroid’: The Case for Hope Amid Climate Fearsby Justin Pot on September 29, 2022 at 12:39 am
During the first session of Re:WIRED GREEN, experts laid out their vision for maintaining hope in the face of unprecedented challenges to our planet.
- VA ‘not confident’ EHR issues preventing future rollouts are resolved following Oracle fixby Jory Heckman on September 28, 2022 at 10:01 pm
The Department of Veterans Affairs is saying it's too soon to know if a vendor update has resolved patient safety issues holding up future rollouts of its new Electronic Health Record.
- Veteran records bill advances in Senate, but panel deadlocks on NARA nomineeby Justin Doubleday on September 28, 2022 at 9:38 pm
The Access for Veterans to Records Act is on the move in the Senate, but Colleen Shogan's nomination to be national archivist hits a roadblock.
- New Ukraine aid will buy 18 HIMARS and weapons to ‘disrupt’ dronesby Joe Gould on September 28, 2022 at 9:10 pm
The Pentagon announced Wednesday it will contract with industry for $1.1 billion in military aid to Ukraine.
- Secure, collaborative endpoint computing — who doesn’t want that?by wfedstaff on September 28, 2022 at 8:34 pm
The pandemic created a perfect technology storm, driving demand for devices users could collaborate on securely from the edge, aka their homes. Fast forward two-plus years and those demands have only accelerated. Learn about this continuing evolution.
- It’s time for Congress to bring back ‘Defense Valley’by Rep. Rob Wittman on September 28, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Congress must ensure that our warfighters gain the most value possible from government and private sector technology development.
- How Norway Plans To Stay Ahead In The Climate Tech Gameby Daniela De Lorenzo, Contributor on September 29, 2022 at 9:10 am
Investing in hardware companies, shifting from oil to renewable investments and thorough ESG reporting can increase the potential of the Norwegian startup ecosystem.
- Workstream, Which Makes Texting-Based Hiring Tools, Raises An Additional $60 Millionby Kenrick Cai, Forbes Staff on September 29, 2022 at 9:00 am
The company, which counts McDonald’s, Popeyes and UPS as customers, aims to use the influx of cash to expand beyond fast food. It is now valued at $500 million.
- ‘Overwatch 2’ Teases Some Of The First Skins For The In-Game Shopby Kris Holt, Contributor on September 29, 2022 at 7:37 am
There will be skins on offer for new heroes Kiriko, Junker Queen and Sojourn, as well as some old favorites.
- Pre-Orders For The New Figma Samus Aran From ‘Metroid Dread’ Are Now Openby Ollie Barder, Contributor on September 29, 2022 at 6:18 am
The latest version of Samus Aran from the excellent 'Metroid Dread' is getting the figma treatment and pre-orders are now open.
- The Anguished Cries That ‘Gundam Evolution’ Is Unbalanced Are Way Too Earlyby Ollie Barder, Contributor on September 29, 2022 at 4:58 am
It seems that the kids are enjoying 'Gundam Evolution' on PC a fair bit, but as with all new multiplayer games there are already cries that the game is unbalanced. The reality is that it’s far too early to tell and that the game has a lot more to offer than at first appears.