- How To Negotiate Permanent Work From Home Arrangementsby Caroline Castrillon, Contributor on June 13, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Most employees enjoy working remotely and want the option to continue doing so after the pandemic. Here's how to approach your boss to negotiate a permanent work from home situation.
- What Really Matters—What Have You Learned About Yourself From The Pandemic?by Prudy Gourguechon, Senior Contributor on June 13, 2021 at 8:27 pm
If you are willing to engage in some serious and consistent self-reflection, the pandemic year will have provided an opportunity to get a clearer idea of what is most vital to you.
- ‘Top Gun,’ ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean,’ ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Sequels Coming...On Xboxby David Bloom, Senior Contributor on June 13, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Microsoft units Xbox and Bethesda Games showcased 30 games, including versions featuring Hollywood hits 'Top Gun' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean' as expansions in two big franchises.Square Enix lingered over its game adaptation of Guardians of the Galaxy, with a new story line.
- ‘Marvel’s Guardians Of Galaxy’ Revealed, No Live Service, No DLC, Entirely Story-Drivenby Paul Tassi, Senior Contributor on June 13, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Well, we got a look at what Eidos Montreal is working on that is definitely not a third Deus Ex game, as sad as that might make some people. Guardians of the Galaxy!
- What We Owe To Ransomware Gangsby Paul F. Roberts, Contributor on June 13, 2021 at 7:20 pm
The ransomware "epidemic" we’re experiencing is really just a slow moving, decentralized, cross-sector red teaming exercise that we have outsourced to the mob.
- One on One with Ankura's Roy Messingby Joe Kornik, staff on April 14, 2021 at 1:57 pm
Consulting: What will be some of your biggest priorities in your "first 100 days" as COO at Ankura? Messing: At the speed at which things move at Ankura,…
- One on One With North Highland's Lia Keelby Michael Webb, subscriber on April 8, 2021 at 10:35 am
Consulting: In what areas are you currently seeing organizations focusing their transformation efforts? Keel: The past year has been like none other,…
- One on One With Alvarez & Marsal's Patrick Hickeyby Chris Nesi, contributor on March 18, 2021 at 10:00 am
The oil and gas industry was already facing significant disruption before the pandemic, which hit the industry hard as prices bottomed-out along with…
- One on One With PA Consulting's Radhika Philipby Chris Nesi, contributor on March 3, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last year saw an unprecedented shift to remote work, which has been a disruptive force when it comes to talent and workforce management. This new reality…
- One on One With Mercer's Ravin Jesuthasanby Chris Nesi, contributor on February 18, 2021 at 12:46 pm
The pandemic had a dramatic impact on nearly every aspect of how business is conducted, and many companies are awakening in the post-crisis haze to find…
- How to save an iPhone live photo as a videoby Rachel Kraus on June 13, 2021 at 9:08 pm
In 2015, Apple Harry Potter-ized our pics with the introduction of photos-as-moving-pictures, aka "live photos." Live photos capture three seconds of video in total, with one and a half seconds recorded both before and after the shutter clicks. To view the whole sequence, you just press and hold the live photo. You'd think this would be a video, but it's actually a High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format; the file automatically selects one still as the lead image. But what if you want to share the whole sequence of moving images on a device other than a smartphone, or as a .GIF? To do this, you need to convert a live photo into a video. This previously required downloading a third party Shortcut, such as the Convert LivePhotos to Video shortcut. You could also use another third party app to turn live photos into .GIFs: Twitter introduced this in 2019. Read more...More about Videos, How To, Live Photos, Tech, and Consumer Tech
- Xbox and Bethesda dropped a *ton* of sweet game trailers at their E3 kickoffby Adam Rosenberg on June 13, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Halo? Jack Sparrow in Sea of Thieves? A proper first look at Bethesda's long-awaited Starfield? A new batch of Game Pass games for subscribers? All here, and then some. Microsoft and Bethesda Softworks kicked off their E3 2021 on Sunday afternoon with an extended onslaught of reveals and new trailer drops from the two storied publishers. It was notably the first E3 press conference for either of them since Microsoft's blockbuster Bethesda acquisition in 2020. That's especially notable because both brands have, in recent years especially, tended to dominate many of the headlines coming out of E3 with their surprises and big-name exclusives. Now, with everything from Elder Scrolls to Halo to Doom to Minecraft all under the same corporate stewardship, two blockbuster press conferences have merged into one. Read more...More about Gaming, Xbox, Bethesda Softworks, E3, and Entertainment
- Black Panther is coming to Marvel’s Avengers this Augustby Alan Wen on June 13, 2021 at 8:32 pm
Previously announced for Marvel’s Avengers, today’s Square Enix E3 Showcase gave a first proper look at Black Panther who joins the superhero roster in a brand new expansion, War For Wakanda. A new cinematic trailer introduces the King of Wakanda himself — although his face is not shown clearly until he puts on his Black Panther mask. He will be defending Wakanda from Klaw, who has infiltrated Wakanda in order to steal Vibranium for his own plans. The trailer page indicates that War For Wakanda will release this August. The Black Panther expansion will be free to players who already own Marvel’s Avengers on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One. The expansion had supposedly been planned for release earlier but was delayed due to... Continue reading…
- A 'Guardians of the Galaxy' game is coming in October and it looks freakin' radby Adam Rosenberg on June 13, 2021 at 8:32 pm
Ready for a Marvel surprise? Square Enix has a Guardians of the Galaxy game coming, and it's totally separate from the publisher's 2020 Avengers game. In fact, this game couldn't be further from the online super team-up gameGuardians of the Galaxy is a solitary, story-driven adventure that puts players in the role of Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, at a time when he and his misfit family of teammates are still getting to know each other after only a year of working together. Based on what we've seen so far, it looks like the game delivers a pretty familiar mix of combat, exploration, and character interactions, with the choices you make influencing the plot to some extent. You'll also notice stuff like health bars and ability menus in the footage. Like I said, familiar stuff, but excitingly, it's playing out here in a Marvel universe. Read more...More about Gaming, Square Enix, E3, Entertainment, and Gaming
- Co-op action game Babylon’s Fall finally gets gameplay trailerby Alan Wen on June 13, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Babylon’s Fall finally has a substantial gameplay trailer, which was revealed at Square Enix’s E3 2021 Showcase. The new trailer is the first time it’s been seen since the game was first announced in 2018. Players will team up tackling challenging dungeons in an attempt to scale the titular tower. The co-op title is developed by PlatinumGames and can be played solo or with up to four players. Besides the studio’s trademark hi-octane melee action, the new footage from the fantasy title shows that players can wield ranged weapons like magic staffs and bows. Their powers and customization is also based on a special equipment called the Gideon Coffin worn on their backs. The developers confirmed that Babylon’s Fall is a live-service title... Continue reading…
- New ASA Issue Paper Discusses IRS COBRA Guidance and its Application to Temporary Employeesby Nick Montgomery on June 10, 2021 at 2:05 pm
Sorry, the content you’ve selected is for members only. Maybe it’s time to join! Or if you’re already a member, please log in. Join today to get access to all of ASA’s legal information and resources for members. The ASA legal team works hard to keep members informed about the laws and regulations that impact their... The post New ASA Issue Paper Discusses IRS COBRA Guidance and its Application to Temporary Employees appeared first on American Staffing Association.
- Staffing Employment Sees Seasonal Dip in First Quarterby Nick Montgomery on June 10, 2021 at 1:13 pm
2Q 2021 Revenue Expected to Rise 20% Staffing jobs declined 3.7% in the first quarter of 2021 from the same period in 2020, while temporary and contract staffing sales increased 5.2% year-to-year—totaling $33.8 billion in the first quarter of 2021. “Staffing firms are currently on the front lines helping America address a new crisis—millions of... The post Staffing Employment Sees Seasonal Dip in First Quarter appeared first on American Staffing Association.
- Court Dismisses Background Check Class Action Against Staffing Firmsby Nick Montgomery on June 8, 2021 at 12:36 pm
Sorry, the content you’ve selected is for members only. Maybe it’s time to join! Or if you’re already a member, please log in. Join today to get access to all of ASA’s legal information and resources for members. The ASA legal team works hard to keep members informed about the laws and regulations that impact their... The post Court Dismisses Background Check Class Action Against Staffing Firms appeared first on American Staffing Association.
- ASA and Industry Advocacy Thwart Two California Bills Affecting Staffingby Nick Montgomery on June 4, 2021 at 4:15 pm
As the California legislature approached its deadline for moving bills from the house of origin to the second house, advocacy efforts led by ASA, its affiliated chapter California Staffing Professionals, and California lobbyist Mike Robson of Edelstein Gilbert Robson & Smith LLC were instrumental in derailing two California bills that would have had a major... The post ASA and Industry Advocacy Thwart Two California Bills Affecting Staffing appeared first on American Staffing Association.
- BLS Employment Situation May 2021by Nick Montgomery on June 4, 2021 at 1:26 pm
The post BLS Employment Situation May 2021 appeared first on American Staffing Association.